Friday, December 31, 2010

Lets Do Some Exercise..(*_*)





PREPOSITION



     1.        Mr. Martin is responsible ______ recruitment
 
     2.        I'm sorry but I don't understand the reason ________ the increase ________  price.
 
     3.         In this company, salaries depend ________ the level of responsibility.
     4.        You have to pay ________ the tickets the day you order them.
 
     5.        Our new Chairman reminds me ________ my old  history teacher.








ADJECTIVES



Fill in the correct form of the words in brackets (comparative or superlative).
  1. My house is (big)  than yours.
  2. This flower is (beautiful)  than that one.
  3. This is the (interesting)  book I have ever read.
  4. Non-smokers usually live (long)  than smokers.
  5. Which is the (dangerous)  animal in the world?







CONJUNCTION




1. I like chicken ____ not fish.
 A. And     B. Since      C. But        D. For 
2. ____ it rains on Sunday, I will not be able to drive.
A. And     B. Where      C. Either       D. If 
3. I like both dogs ______ cats.
A. Also      B. But      C. And      D. If
4. The items are on sale in the local store _____ not online.
A. But    B. And    C. Though    D. Or 
5. Neither my mother _____ my father will be able to attend the party on Sunday.
A. Or   B.   But    C.  And    D. Nor





PERSONAL PRONOUNS

Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns. Note that Sue is the person speaking. The (*) means that you are asked a question.
  1. My name is Sue. (Sue)  am English. And this is my family.
  2. My mum's name is Angie. (Angie)  is from Germany.
  3. Bob is my dad. (My dad)  is a waiter.
  4. On the left you can see Simon. (Simon)  is my brother.
  5. (Sue and Simon)  are twins.
  6. Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy)  is two years old.
  7. (Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob)  live in Canterbury.
  8. (Canterbury)  is not far from London.
  9. My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents)  often come and see us.
  10. What can (*)  tell me about your family?





No comments:

Post a Comment